Thursday, July 15, 2010

Revenge of the Blowdryer

So there have been many inqueries as to my facebook posting...
Wake up... Check
Wake Danny up....Check
Take the dogs out... Check
Shower.... Check
Light hair on fire.... Check

So here is my story and advise to all you thrifty people out there....

You know when you realize that you need a new hair dryer? The funny noises, sometimes a smell or a cold shot of air when you haven't pushed the blue button...

Ladies we have all been there, and we just keep prayin that it makes it thru this last blow dry, oh please don't burn out in the middle!!!! The problem is this goes on for about a month ( or two if your lucky) before the thing realy gives out and dies and you find yourself at Wal Mart getting another one.

But I am here to tell you STOP DOING THAT!!! As soon as it sounds like its gonna die throw it away, because right before that last blast of hot air a little (okay sometimes big) spark happens inside the motor and if you have just loaded your hair with gel....
Well I think you can put 2 and 2 together
So yes, it is ture. I managed to light 2 spots up, one on each side of my head. The hair is about 2 inches long a different color.
Luckily now that my hair is dry and I have had all day to calm down (and a really bad hat day) I have realized its not as bad as I thought!!!! Luckily I have thick hair and no one will ever even see it!!! But wow have I stunk today!!! It takes more than 2 shampoos to get that smell out ( and no Cindy I will not use real poo)

So learn from my blow dryer misfortunes:
- Never fall asleep with the blow dryer lying on your pillow- it falls offs hits the floor and your nap is over
- Never lay it on the counter top turned on with the toilet open (however if you haven't tried this it is pretty cool!! sparks and colors and spurts of water that fly everywhere)
- Never train your dog to like heat... he will be at your feet everytime you turn it on and you will be shoved out of the way.
- And last-- Don't be thrifty, just replace the thing because there is nothing worse than not having your feet warm because you now have to wait till payday to get another one.

1 comment:

  1. Ummmmm. I think the lesson learned is - You should not use electrical appliances. Seriously. The toilet? Was it an accident or entertainment? How many times has it been done since?

    ReplyDelete